Acer Predator Triton suddenly stopped working

Options
njt1986
njt1986 Member Posts: 1 New User

hi, just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue? It was on charge at the time, pretty much full battery, I was just writing up a job application and it switched off. I assumed it was perhaps that I'd knocked the power cord out and maybe it wasn't charging and I'd not noticed but it was in.

tried to power it back on and nothing, blank screen.

I unplugged the psu and tried another socket in case it was perhaps the socket (again assuming I'd managed to miss it not charging) but no light to show its charging or even attempting to charge.

I would assume from that, that the battery could have gone? Considering it doesn't even seem to be charging when it's not switched on now and the power cord is plugged in?

Anyone seen or heard of a similar issue at all??

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023
    Options

What is the model number of your laptop as saying Acer Predator Triton means nothing? As and if the laptop does not power on it could be a battery issue so check if the battery has any output voltage with a multimeter, check the charger if it outputs any charge or if its internal fuse is tripped by a shortage in your laptop, check the laptops power port if its not damaged and its stopping the charger from charging the battery, as all these things can contribute to your problem, otherwise its an internal issue at the power/charging stages of your laptop.

The best and first thing that you should do is do a Hard Reset, open the back cover and disconnect and take the main battery out, disconnect the bios battery and take the ram out also, leave everything disconnected for 15min and then reconnect everything, if you have more than 1 ram module then only connect 1x ram module to reboot laptop, all this should reset your laptops super IO and bios chips that could have frozen, if the laptop doesn’t boot then its an internal circuitry issue with your laptop that need analysing and fixing by a technician.