MOTHER BOARD DRIVERS - Where can I go to find the drivers that I am missing?

STOON631
STOON631 Member Posts: 1 New User

I had a bad hard drive crash and cound not save it, i have to down load windows to install it, i down loaded the drivers from ACER fo rthe computer but still missing some

Where can I go to find the drivers that I am missing

there is image of device maniger, the tag on the mother board and the ser# of the computer

Thanks for the help

[Edited the thread to add issue detail and to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer

Install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant run the scan and as some of those Device Manager drivers that are missing are Intel drivers they will be updated with this scan.

After you do the Intel scan as there are drivers that will install as this scan also updates, Intel graphics, chipset and Wi-Fi and BT drivers to their latest Win-10, then before you reboot uninstall the drivers that are left and not installed, then reboot system as then the system will update all the remaining drivers that are missing.

The SMS/MMS is Microsoft Bluetooth emulator and has no particular driver as that is on my system also, this driver gets installed within windows after the reboot.

If there are drivers that don’t install then you need to get their ID by right clicking them in Device Manager > Properties > Details > drop-down, select Hardware Ids or Compatible Ids as that is the driver ID that you should search for, the best is to use Device Hunt

or DriverIdentifier or DevID.info

The Android is a driver that you should get from your smartphone manufacturers site.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

From the Acer support site, the chipset drivers should cover those.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.