I have an Acer Aspire A315-58-33XS. that the touchpad is not responding on

Horan_J
Horan_J Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in Aspire Laptops

A website stated to uninstall the driver, so I did. They said that the system would automatically reinstall the driver. It has not been reinstalled, so I think that I need to manually install it…

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer

We need more information. Look on the sticker that has your serial number and read the model number off that, not the N20C5 number. We don't have cross references for those. Your model number should be something like Axxx-xxx-xxxx. In Device Manager, does it list any unknown devices or any devices with error messages?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,859 Trailblazer

The Acer Aspire N20C5 is the Aspire 5 A515-56 laptop, go to the Acer Aspire A515-56 Acer Drivers and Manuals and download the ELANTECH Fingerprint Driver Version: 3.6.11001.10702 as that is the driver for the touchpad, if the touchpad doesn’t work after the reinstallation it’s the actual touchpad that is faulty, it could have it connection cable lose or the touchpad is faulty and the laptop needs to be opened. If this laptop is under warranty don’t open the laptop and send it to Acer in your area to be fixed.

• Horan_J

Tinkerer

Okay, the model number is A315-58-33XS.

• Horan_J

Tinkerer

I couldn't find the driver for the touch pad on the Acer help menu where you search for it.

• Can you check the bios version? Version 1.26 adds support for the elantech touchpad.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey

Reinstall the chipset and IO drivers then reboot and see if it reappears in Device Manager. If not remove the USB host controllers in Device Manager and reboot to let the OS reinstall them. Let us know if those help.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Horan_J

Tinkerer

I have already done that, and no drivers appear that replace the touchpad driver. For reference the model that the SNID brings up is the “Aspire A315-58”.

• Horan_J

Tinkerer

Yes, it appears to have the Embedded Controller Version of 1.26.

• billsey

The Elantech touchpad drivers are distributed as part of Windows Update. You can check here for them. But if they are not showing in Device Manager then it is likely the USB host controller not seeing the device.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,616 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

How do you know that the unit has “Touch Pad” as it doesn't show in device manager ?

Maybe it was an optional feature that wasn't included on yours.

Has it EVER worked ??

• billsey

The touchpad wasn't optional on the A315-58 models.

• Access the bios, go to the main tab, press ctrl+s and change the touchpad to PS2.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Horan_J

Tinkerer

Yes, it worked prior to the driver being uninstalled. I tried that website, how do I install the driver from it?

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,616 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Have you tried to “RESET” ?

Type reset in the search box. You have an option to keep your files or not.

• Access the bios, go to the main tab, press ctrl+s and change the touchpad to PS2.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Horan_J

Tinkerer

I figured out my issue. I seem to have not enable the touchpad from the top bar by pressing F7. The touchpad works fine now. I appreciate everyones help! The drive must have been installed after I had removed it and I just needed to enable it.