Predator Helios 300 In-Build Camera Driver is Missing

Veor
Veor Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

Where can I download the camera driver for HD User Facing in-build cams that come with Acer Predator Helios 300 laptops? I checked the drivers available for my model on the website and I can't find the camera driver.

My PC stopped recognizing the cam after I updated to Windows 11. The camera app gave an error message saying “can't detect camera.” During a Zoom call, the camera turned on just fine but quickly turned off and I started getting a similar error message. In device manager, the camera driver was hidden. I tried updating it and rebooting, so the problem persisted. So I uninstalled the drive because Windows is then supposed to automatically detect the missing drivers. But this didn't happen. The Device Manager doesn't detect hardware changes and Windows 11 Update (including optional updates) don't show a new camera driver. So basically my PC now lacks a camera driver though I can see the cam turned on (it doesn't work though). Can someone please, please help me reinstall the cam driver?

Answers