Acer Predator XB323QK NVBMIIPRUZX How much does it weight without stand

Options
cheeful
cheeful Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in Predator Monitors

Hi,

I'm looking to buy the monitor and mount it on the desk. How much does it weigh without the stand? Then I can choose mount accordingly.

Thanks

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,563 Trailblazer
    Options

»»How much does it weigh without the stand?»>

Jack E/NJ

• cheeful

Tinkerer

Options

I bought the monitor. The atual weight w/o the stand is about 20lb

• JackE
    Options

Sounds like somebody's bathroom scales are off. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• cheeful

Tinkerer

Options

I don't know where you source your data. But there is no way this 12.79 lb. It's much heavier. If you buy an arm that's below 20lb, it can't hold it up

• JackE
    Options

Sorry, I can only go by the specsheet, not my bathroom scales. 5.8kg is official weight without stand. A bit less than 13lbs

Jack E/NJ

• cheeful

Tinkerer

Options

Acer official support did not provide any weight without stand, only 30 lbs w/ stand. I can only say how it feels or weighs at my home. 5.8kg is not right

• JackE
    Options

I suspect they gave you the total shipping weight with packaging. You can get a rough guess by weighing the difference between yourself with and without carrying monitor in hand

Jack E/NJ

• cheeful

Tinkerer

Options

Yes, I weighed it myself before mounting it on the arm. Close to 20lb

• JackE
    Options

Like I said earlier, I must go by the specsheets not my bathroom scales. Bathroom scales usually aren't that accurate anyway trying to determine small weight differences. And 8-10 lbs is certainly small for bathroom scales. If you're worried anyway, then get a desk mount that can support 20lbs instead 13lbs. Or if it seems to heavy for your use, then immediately return it to the vendor as not meeting your needs for a refund before the vendors return merchandise authorization (RMA) period expires. Usually only a few weeks.

Jack E/NJ

• cheeful

Tinkerer

Options

I don't know where your source is. Acer did not publish the weight w/o the stand. I saw the number from 3rd party and I dont' trust that. And I think I can tell for sure it's not 5.8 kg but lifting it myself.

• JackE
    Options

Then buy a 20lb mount if you don't trust the numbers. Or return it to the vendor for a refund. if it seems too heavy.

Jack E/NJ

• cheeful

Tinkerer

Options

I bought the 33 lb arm. Even that has to be tightened very hard before it can hold the monitor

• JackE
    Options

Any arm has to be solidly clamped to the desk or table to avoid wiggling. The very best and most stable arms have their plates screwed to the desk or table, not clamped. Clamps simply don't hold as well as screws without being supertight.

Jack E/NJ