ACER 5742G wont boot any windows installation usb

Ni2Katleti
Ni2Katleti Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

hello i have ACER 5742G and i replace HDD to SSD now i want install windows but i can't boot any windows installation i boot from usb stick and its just freezes on black screen

bios not have any secure boot disable option

i tried enable supervisor password but still not show anny additional option of secure boot or choose uefi or legacy options

please help me install windows

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,781 Trailblazer

Put the ADATA - USB Flash Drive to No1 boot priority as that the ADATA USB is at No1 boot as it will boot the Win-10 installation files to start installation. If it does NOT then your Windows Installation USB drive has errors and that is why you are getting the black screen and freezing. Also ONLY construct the Win-10 installation boot USB with Rufus and see the guide of how to do this boot USB on the link that I’ve given you, as it also has the link of where to download Rufus 3.20 program so you can do this bootable Win-10 USB.

This software will make a bootable Win-10 USB and also download the Win-10 installation files that you need to be able to install Win-10 with, or you can download the .ISO Win-10 installation files separately and apply them to your Rufus program to build a bootable USB so that this USB will boot once this USB and your BIOS Boot priority is set to No1 – USB HDD: ADATA USB Flash drive.

Do all the above, as doing all that will work 100% as your current boot Win-10 installation USB has errors and that is why you get a “Black Screen”.

• Ni2Katleti

Tinkerer

flash drive with win 10 installation works on other laptop i was installed windows successfully

• Ni2Katleti

Tinkerer

maybe on bios there are hidden secret hotkeys to enable advanced options for disabling secure boot or change some settings?

• Ni2Katleti

Tinkerer

Thanks for help i fix it it was cause of newly installed 1.35V 4gb ddr3 ram its just need 1.5V