Acer Aspire M1470 Bios upgrading process, Can I upgrade to P01-A4 version?

Ramis
Ramis Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in Legacy Desktops

I have a Acer Aspire M1470. I had integrated gpu with AMD A6-3600 processor. Week ago, I bought GTX 750 TI and my pc began to start up slower than before. I think the problem is that I have P01-A2 bios version that doesn't support it well. Can I upgrade to P01-A4 version if I have windows 10 x64 installed, but it supports only Windows 7 and 8?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,364 Trailblazer

Hi @Ramistthere is no official update for this equipment due to its age and the laptop, as you say, is only compatible up to Windows 8.
    The latest version available for the laptop is from 2013, version P11.A3:

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?search=Aspire%20M1470&filter=global_download

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

Yes you can upgrade it to the P01-A4 version within Windows 10, just use the same procedure you would use in W8. The P11 BIOs may not work, since I believe the P11 version were for the UEFI systems and the older ones didn't support that upgrade.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.