Predator Helios 300 PH317-55 (N20C11) Battery 100% won't boot unless cgarger plugged in.

SpikeG
SpikeG Member Posts: 4 New User

As per the post title I have a Predator Helios 300 PH317-55 (N20C11) with a battery showing 100% and refuses to boot unless the charger is plugged in and shuts down immediatly when it's unplugged.

Windows reports the battery as ok.

There doesn't appear to be a physical battery reset on this model and holding the power button down for 15 seconds without the charger plugged in does nothing.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

(1) Search 'cmd' in Windows start menu.
    (2) Right click command prompt near top of menu.
    (3) Click run as administrator.
    (4) Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport' at command prompt.
    (5) Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer.
    (6) Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser.
    (7) Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Jack E/NJ

• SpikeG
    edited March 2023

The underlined is where the issue started I'm guessing.

Edit: Just noticed I have a lot of “Battery Changed” events over the last three days which is when the problem started.

• SpikeG

http://t4l.epizy.com/battery-report.html

Full report. Looks like It has been an issue for a while and I've only just noticed :(

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

Yes, looks like either the battery pack's own internal charge regulator has gone haywire or its drivers corrupted.

Try this. Open Device Manager again. Go to battery folder. Right click and uninstall all drivers that you find in this folder. Exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything.

Shut down Windows normally. Wait a minute or so. Then turn it back on again a let Windows auto re-detect the battery & charger and auto re-install fresh copies of the drivers.

Jack E/NJ

• SpikeG

Thanks for trying Jack, did this and still no change so definatley looks like a hardware issue.

I'll get this repaired under warranty when I get back home in a few weeks.