Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53 FLASHING BLUE AND AMBER LIGHT

Options
LUC_Viper
LUC_Viper Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in Predator Laptops

My computer has recently been having random moments where the amber and blue light begin flashing, computer is plugged in but wont chagre, and I experience a significatn drop in FPS. When this issue occurs unplugging it and plugging it back in helps, but only for a little bit until it does it again. The computer also has had an issue of running very hot so I bought a coolng pad.

Laptop: Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop

Model: PH315-53-72XD

Thank you for any help😁

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options

Do a hard reset by taking the main battery out first then disconnect the bios battery, take the ram out and leave all components disconnected for 15min, reconnect everything and only boot the laptop with 1x ram module if you have 2x modules fitted (as it could be the ram), as all this resets the super IO and bios chips. With the overheating, make sure that you have proper ram capacity for what you use your laptop for, 16GB (2x 8GB) is the min that you should have, 32 is even better to reduce heat and stressing of components.

You also need the latest windows and Nvidia gpu drivers and Intel drivers so that your laptop is up to date and working 100%, if you play games install the GeForce NVidia software and also set NVidia Control Panel for your games and any high end gpu needing software to High-performance NVidia processor, try all that and also make sure that you have changed the thermal paste on the gpu/cpu and thermal pads on your vram and checked the cpu/gpu fans if they are working 100% and all your laptops vents are clean. Try all that as that will help in reducing your temps considerably.