can i add a sata ssd to my orion 3000 (bought new december 2022) po3-640

Options
atiram
atiram Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in Predator Desktops

The pc in question is a orion predator 3000 po3-640 i7-12700f, 16 gb ram, i tb ssd (in m2 slot)
thre is one free m.2 slot in which im gonna palce a ssd.

there is also two free sata slots
and i have a sata ssd i want to connect to one of these.

however, i dont see anywhere i can connect the sata ssd to power.
im aware i need the cable to conenct from motherboard to the sata ssd,…but how do i power it up?

im adding a link to the pc i have/ the store it was bought from.
i find it so odd i cant find anywhere to hook it up to power from,….help?

https://www.elkjop.no/product/gaming/gaming-pc/stasjonar-gaming-pc/acer-predator-orion-3000-stasjonar-gaming-pc-i7-121610243070/421039

Best Answer

• atiram

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

i found out how to do it.

with this motherboard and psu, the psu supplies the motherbord with power, and the motherboard have power connectors- so there is no need for a power connector from the psu itself.

what i put a red ring around is the power connector- there is need for a special cable that i dont know the name of to be put in there that will supply the sata with power.
    a sata cord is also required to conenct from the sata pluts and to the disc.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Options
  • atiram

Tinkerer

edited March 2023
    Options

the sata cable im aware i have to buy,….
    but how do i connect the sata ssd to the psu when there nowhere to get prower from?
    (i have the trays for the disks to be in, took them out for better view)

psu seems to be non modular,…so i dont understand how i can conenct the sata ssd to power

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello! Check these photos:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • atiram

Tinkerer

Options

thanks for the replies, but this still does not answer my questions.

i know where to connect the sata to the motherboard. and i know i need to buy new cable for this.

my issue however is how to i connect the sata ssd to power.

as i cant find a free power connector, and the psu seems to be non modular, so i cant jsut buy a new cale and stuff it in there.

i have been looking at the manual- and it wasnt of help.

this is how it looks like in my cabinet. i have the trays for the ssds, i just took em out for a better view.

so the conenction to the motherboard is not the issue.

the issue is how do i get power to the sata ssd.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Options

I think the power supply comes from the PSU, check the red circled connector which comes from PSU in my picture, you have to connect the power cable to it and connect the other end to the SSD(yellow)

You also have to connect SATA cable to the motherboard, red square for Power cable, purple square for SATA cable, the other end of the SATA cable connected to motherboard.

I think I have made it clear, if not, let us know.

• atiram

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

i found out how to do it.

with this motherboard and psu, the psu supplies the motherbord with power, and the motherboard have power connectors- so there is no need for a power connector from the psu itself.

what i put a red ring around is the power connector- there is need for a special cable that i dont know the name of to be put in there that will supply the sata with power.
    a sata cord is also required to conenct from the sata pluts and to the disc.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Check this photo:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)