Predator Helios 300 PH315-54 not charging (plugged in) after

Options
Ziall
Ziall Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Help.

Last night, I was playing a game when suddenly my laptop shuts down immediately. I let it be for a while and tried turning it on. It went on but I noticed that my battery percentage isn't going up and whenever I try to play a game, it lags then shuts down again immediately. This time, with an orange light blinking from the power indicator. I tried various things like opening the bottom of the laptop to disconnect the battery. I'm using it right now while plugged in without the battery but I can't open any games because it'll shut down again. For now, I can only open browsers and applications that are not games. I'm afraid because I'm not covered with the warranty anymore and I'm don't have money to buy any parts. I need help, please. Thank you.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options

That sounds like a broken power delivery system, if you check in task manager is the CPU hovering at a very low speed?

• Ziall

Tinkerer

edited March 2023
    Options
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options

Nope thats normal which is a good sign! So probably not power delivery as the frequcy would be ~0.5Ghz . It could be a faulty battery then. With the battery conneted if you run

powercfg /batteryreport

Does it highlight any issues

• Ziall

Tinkerer

edited March 2023
    Options

This is the battery report that I made before making this post. I don't understand any of it.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you test with another power adapter?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ziall

Tinkerer

Options

I tried it and it still doesn't work. I'm thinking it's a motherboard issue but if it is, then how can I use it?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

OK! However, when you test the power adapter with a multimeter, does it come out 19.5v?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ziall

Tinkerer

Options

Sadly, I don't have a multimeter so I won't be able to test it.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

It would be interesting to test the power adapter with a multimeter.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ziall

Tinkerer

Options

I don't have a multimeter but I tried using hwinfo to see the voltage

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,657 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @Ziall

Just bought an extra power adapter for my Aspire5 a515-54G for 8 bucks (online sale), not worth the trouble, Get a new adapter to find out if it is the MOBO, incompatible battery or a faulty adapter😉.

• Ziall

Tinkerer

Options

UPDATE: Now my laptop says it has 100% but it shuts down when unplugged. Orange light is still blinking. Also, I can play games on it now but with the lowest settings possible.

• Jino98
    Jino98 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I faced same problem after 2 year since purchase. In addition now it's not even charging anymore. Both charging lights are not turning on when I plug the charger. I took it to local PC repair and they are now checking for motherboard damage.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    Options

Its your PH315-54 battery or charger adapter, change the battery or the adapter otherwise its in th laptops charging circuit which is dead and needs repairing. Your laptops battery and charger is faulty and never charges to 100% which it should.

PH315-54 adapter and battery

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍