Acer nitro 5 N20C1 dual monitor problem

IveGoneNutz
IveGoneNutz Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hello, I have an Acer Nitro 5 - Model N20C1 the AMD Ryzen 7 with Nvidia Gforce RTX 3060.

Two days ago i bougt a Satechi Usb-C Multiport adapter to be able to connect my second monitor to my laptop, i get a message saying the Display connection might be limited, i have all the latest drivers on my windows 10 so i am out of ideas what i could try, both monitors work fine when i connect them directly to the laptop's HDMI, but through the type-C multiport HUB the second monitor isnt working.

I would like to know if there's a solution for this. Thank you

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited March 2023

is it the an515-45? If so that USB doesnt support display out im afraid:

If you need a USB-C it would need to be a display link adater rather than a display port ( https://amzn.to/3ybxx0y )

• IveGoneNutz
    edited March 2023

here's the photo from beneath the laptop

Does this mean the 100$ i spent for teh Satechi hub is useless? I cant have a second monitor connected?

Thank you

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder

@IveGoneNutz could you delete it as it has the serial number and the Acer staff like to keep them off the site :D No biggie if not we can post it but i thiink you should be able to edit it for the next 15 mins or so

it is indeed a AN515-45, drop the type of adapter you bought, Some need drivers to make them work, but if its a “thunderbolt compatible” one you may be out of luck :(

• IveGoneNutz

i am not able to edit, feel free to delete, thank you