P03-600: when booting I get this pause of 30 seconds when it enter the BIO request screen.

Options
Timmins
Timmins Member Posts: 4 New User

when booting I get this pause of 30 seconds when it enter the BIO request screen. (The screen where you get the option of entering DEL or F??) How do I fix it so I don't get a pause.

Best Answer

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thats normal as the pc needs time to set the bios and get into the bios, don't try to do anything with the bios as you will brick the pc.

• Quick420
    Quick420 Member Posts: 40 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

That's not normal at all,why would you tell him that? I would however suggest that you read up on what a bios is before you switch ANY settings.If the PC won't boot after changes you made……having read up on what a bios is,you will know you can reset the bios to default by using the clr pins and a jumper.Or removing the battery and replacing it.The bios on these machines are bare bones,changing boot sequence and enabling xmp is about all you would need to worry about.Don't hesitate to ask if you need some guidance…..

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

I believe the original post was in regards to the delay while the splash screen is up, during POST. 30 seconds is pretty long, but there is a delay there while all the tests are being performed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.