Acer Nitro AN515-44 thermal putty

Options
Ianchis
Ianchis Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Hello , recently I changed the thermal paste on the cpu and gpu , after 2 years it started heating a bit higher , I found out that the vrms and vram has a thermal paste , a thicker one .I looked on different forums and that paste is something like k5 pro, and I can't find one in romania , does anyone replace that putty with thermal pads ?

I saw on forums a picture that shows the thickness of the pads for a acer nitro, is this correct , I was thinking to buy a thermal grizzly minus 8 pads for this.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,774 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

ce mai faci, frate😁 (btw I was born in Romania in Brașov, my family left Romania in communist days (luckily) when I was 9 years old in the late 1959 and still can speak Romanian but my spelling aint that good😂) yes you can replace pad peste with the thermal pads, best is the Thermal Grizzly range, try to measure (I know its hard) the thickness of thet thermal paste pad paste to its near enough thickness that you can measure, then get the thermal pads to match that thickness, be careful as if these pads are too thick it will stop the Thermal Module from reaching the cpu and gpu and you will have major overheating problems. Also try the K5 Pro Viscous Thermal Paste on Amazon Romania if there is one or a seller that will post to Romania. .

Answers