Aspire X3810 upgrade Windows from Vista to Win7

ZhiahoLiu
ZhiahoLiu Member Posts: 2 New User

HI, Acer community

My Aspire X3810 is still working well on Windows Vista.

When I bought it the store offered me upgrade to Windows 7 free when it was released. I forgot to do it and keep working on Vista. When I remembered it's not free anymore in the stroe.

Anyone know how can I upgrade it free? I got a second monitor for it and want change the orientation of screen to vertical.

Thank you in advance.

Harry Liu

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,948 Trailblazer

Hi @ZhiahoLiu It is currently not possible to get original Windows 7 and with security guarantees, this happens because in the first place Windows 7 is already discontinued by Microsoft, its life cycle ended on January 14, 2020 and the second and main thing is that it is a system whose security updates stopped being released in 2020, which makes it a system vulnerable to malware, viruses and Trojans.

Greetings.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • ZhiahoLiu
    ZhiahoLiu Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you, Alejandro_AC

Security is not a concern to me. Just want to keep the machine running. I never use it for important matters.

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,948 Trailblazer

You will have to look it up on the internet or wait for more answers. If you find a place to download it from you will need a license and again, download safely, there are sites with operating systems that can include viruses and Trojans.

I'm sorry I can't give you an official download site but as I told you, it has already been removed.

Greetings.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

If you don't have it connected to the internet you are likely still safe. Just leave it on Vista until you replace it. You could run Windows 10 on it, but without putting some money into it it is not going to be worthwhile.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Here is a link to all the upgrades, but as it says WIN 7 is not supported.

As Billsey says. Stay with Vista until you're ready to move on to a newer computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-installation-media-for-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d