Acer Z5700-U2102 all-in-one won't work How do I fix it?

Monster2239
Monster2239 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in Legacy Desktops

The PC runs Windows 7 Ultimate

The power indicator lights up. The mouse and keyboard show they recieve a signal. I can hear the cooling fans when I turn it on, but the display is blank and the speakers are silent. It's never been disassembled or had any parts switched out. (Note: the disk drive is broken)

How do I fix it?

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,928 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You have to open this AIO up and do a Hard Reset, to do this you need to take the back cover off and take the RTC/BIOS battery out with a plastic none conductive tool (you also need to buy a new bios battery) and you need to take the motherboard out as the RTC/BIOS battery is underneath the motherboard as you open the back cover of this AIO.

After taking the bios battery out take the faulty HDD out and ram, leave all components disconnected for about 15min and reconnect the new RTC/BIOS battery and ram (don't reconnect the faulty HDD as that could give you boot problems) as and when you boot this AIO this PC should show some pre boot information on a black screen if the bios and gpu are working.

You also need to buy a new boot drive that should be a 2.5" SATA-3 SSD (get a Samsung 1TB 870 EVO as that is a great 2.5"SSD and pretty cheap for a top quality HDD) as an SSD boot drive will improve performance of this AIO by 100%, also upgrade the ram of this AIOs 2x DIMM socket to its maximum memory capacity of 8192MB (at slot 1 = 4096MB+slot 2 = 4096MB SO-DIMMs)/with memory size modules per socket with its fastes ram speed of DDR3-1333 MHz SO-DIMMs.

Also and if you don’t have the Acer oem i7-860 cpu then upgrade the cpu to either the Acer fitted i7-860 cpu or you can get even more performance with an upgrade to the even more powerful Core i7-880 cpu that will give you at least 50% better performance from the Acer oem i5-750 or 70% better performance to the Acer oem fitted i3-530 cpu, so a cpu upgrade is also essential for this AIO to perform much better.

Try all the above and upgrades as this should get your AIO to boot and for this AIO to be able to run on Win-10 Home from its oem Acer installed Win 7 Home Premium (Touch Pack), good luck and hope this helps you out.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,928 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You have to open this AIO up and do a Hard Reset, to do this you need to take the back cover off and take the RTC/BIOS battery out with a plastic none conductive tool (you also need to buy a new bios battery) and you need to take the motherboard out as the RTC/BIOS battery is underneath the motherboard as you open the back cover of this AIO.

After taking the bios battery out take the faulty HDD out and ram, leave all components disconnected for about 15min and reconnect the new RTC/BIOS battery and ram (don't reconnect the faulty HDD as that could give you boot problems) as and when you boot this AIO this PC should show some pre boot information on a black screen if the bios and gpu are working.

You also need to buy a new boot drive that should be a 2.5" SATA-3 SSD (get a Samsung 1TB 870 EVO as that is a great 2.5"SSD and pretty cheap for a top quality HDD) as an SSD boot drive will improve performance of this AIO by 100%, also upgrade the ram of this AIOs 2x DIMM socket to its maximum memory capacity of 8192MB (at slot 1 = 4096MB+slot 2 = 4096MB SO-DIMMs)/with memory size modules per socket with its fastes ram speed of DDR3-1333 MHz SO-DIMMs.

Also and if you don’t have the Acer oem i7-860 cpu then upgrade the cpu to either the Acer fitted i7-860 cpu or you can get even more performance with an upgrade to the even more powerful Core i7-880 cpu that will give you at least 50% better performance from the Acer oem i5-750 or 70% better performance to the Acer oem fitted i3-530 cpu, so a cpu upgrade is also essential for this AIO to perform much better.

Try all the above and upgrades as this should get your AIO to boot and for this AIO to be able to run on Win-10 Home from its oem Acer installed Win 7 Home Premium (Touch Pack), good luck and hope this helps you out.