RAM upgrade not functioning for ConceptD 300 CT300-52A i7

Options

Hello!

When I try to upgrade my ConceptD 300 CT300-52A i7 from factory 32gig RAM to 64gig RAM, it won't boot. It just beeps, forever, until I turn it off.

Compatibility is probably not the issue here. New RAM specs were pretty carefully vetted, and the PC runs fine on the new RAM alone. Neither is the seating or position of the memory, computer boots and runs fine with just the new or old memory, in both possible slot combinations (1&3, 2&4).

I have seen in online versions of the product manual that the max ram for this was 64 gig. Such as here:

However, if all 4 memory cards are inserted at the same time, just the continuous beep.

Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,650 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The new modules are compatible with the equipment and should also be compatible with the modules that the laptop already had installed, but this does not always happen and there may be incompatibility between modules of different brands and this could be the case.

Try to mix the memories, that is, you have 2 modules A and 2 modules B, make combinations, example:

1A

1A

1 B

1 B

1A

1 B

1A

1 B

1 B

1A

1 B

1A

1 B

1 B

1A

1A

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Hi @danChurch What brand are the modules?

Are they of the same characteristics?

Waiting for a better answer, I think there is an incompatibility between them (2+2).

I leave you the information that appears in the service manual:

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

X (Twitter)

• danChurch
    danChurch Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hello Alejandro_AC,

Thank you for your very thoughtful response. I had no idea that RAM modules could be incompatible with each other if they were compatible with the motherboard! I cannot confirm or deny that this is the case here.

We purchased this memory package:

https://www.compuram.biz/memory/acer/desktop-workstation/conceptd/300-series/ct300-52a/32gb-dual-channel-memory-kit-10833.htm

In case that link dies, the kit is described by CompuRAM as:

32GB Kit (2x16GB) ConceptD CT300-52A 300-Series memory upgrades RAM 3200MHz | Unbuffered | 1,2V

Target system: ConceptD CT300-52A 300-Series

Upgrade capacity: 32GB

Number of modules: 2

Capacity per module: 16GB

Module organisation: 2Gx64

Design: 288pin DIMM DDR4 - 3200MHz , Unbuffered, 1,2V

Module type: System specific RAM

CompuRAM Part-#: CRK32D4/ACDT3200U-S013085

GTIN: 4053651676359

Brand: CompuRAM

Manufacturer: OEM

Warranty: 10 years manufacturer’s warranty

Item condition: New

When I peek under the sticker that compuRAM put on the modules, it shows that samsung made these. I can do more detective work if it would be helpful.

• Alejandro_AC
    Answer ✓
    Options

The new modules are compatible with the equipment and should also be compatible with the modules that the laptop already had installed, but this does not always happen and there may be incompatibility between modules of different brands and this could be the case.

Try to mix the memories, that is, you have 2 modules A and 2 modules B, make combinations, example:

1A

1A

1 B

1 B

1A

1 B

1A

1 B

1 B

1A

1 B

1A

1 B

1 B

1A

1A

X (Twitter)

• danChurch
    danChurch Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hi Alejandro_AC,

Okay, just got back to this. I tried your suggestion of rearranging the memory positions. Originally I had the memory in alternating positions A / B / A / B, and it failed to boot. When I tried your first suggested arrangement A / A / B / B, it boots just fine. I have no idea why this would make a difference.

Anyway, it works, so thanks!

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

I'm glad everything went well, thanks for commenting and sharing it in the community.
    Have a great weekend.
    All the best.

X (Twitter)