My acer spin 1 took a little water it charges but does not turn on what to do ?

Axel_b
Axel_b Member Posts: 2 New User

after drying with a hair dryer at low temperature the system and the battery as indicated in the guide, the orange light comes on when I charge it but the blue does not light up. Please help meee :)

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,488 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

You need to take the mobo out of your laptop, and inspect all the circuitries at the point where the liquid spill has spilled onto the mobo and if any circuitry components have been shorted or burned out or are deposited with the liquid that you slipped into the laptop. Don’t stress out if you have booted and applied power to your Spin 1 already as you can still clean and dry the liquid affected circuitries so that your laptop can boot and be fixed unless there are burned out circuitry components.

Check thoroughly if any circuitries look burned as you have to replace those circuitries other wise your laptop won’t work, then if any circuitries are covered in the dried liquid, then clean the whole mobo with Zippo Lighter Fluid thoroughly and dry them out completely, as this petroleum liquid is the best liquid to clean dried out liquid from and off these circuitries as its got an oily compound that is good for circuitries and stops them drying out when the laptop is booted again.

Be aware that with liquid spills into a laptop, some components like a cpu or gpu or soldered ram chips sometimes need refloating with a heat gun which is a complex job and procedure, that a user like you can’t do, so you need to take your laptop to an experienced technician that can do this job properly. Try to first clean the whole mobo with the Zippo Lighter Fluid and dry it thoroughly with a hair dryer and only boot the laptop when the mobo is completely dried and see if it will work, as a liquid spill can do allot of damage and short out components if you boot the laptop when the liquid is not dried out completely Btw, I’ve done this many time and just a cleanout works 100% and the laptops have booted up so you could be lucky😁, so don't stress out.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,488 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

You need to take the mobo out of your laptop, and inspect all the circuitries at the point where the liquid spill has spilled onto the mobo and if any circuitry components have been shorted or burned out or are deposited with the liquid that you slipped into the laptop. Don’t stress out if you have booted and applied power to your Spin 1 already as you can still clean and dry the liquid affected circuitries so that your laptop can boot and be fixed unless there are burned out circuitry components.

Check thoroughly if any circuitries look burned as you have to replace those circuitries other wise your laptop won’t work, then if any circuitries are covered in the dried liquid, then clean the whole mobo with Zippo Lighter Fluid thoroughly and dry them out completely, as this petroleum liquid is the best liquid to clean dried out liquid from and off these circuitries as its got an oily compound that is good for circuitries and stops them drying out when the laptop is booted again.

Be aware that with liquid spills into a laptop, some components like a cpu or gpu or soldered ram chips sometimes need refloating with a heat gun which is a complex job and procedure, that a user like you can’t do, so you need to take your laptop to an experienced technician that can do this job properly. Try to first clean the whole mobo with the Zippo Lighter Fluid and dry it thoroughly with a hair dryer and only boot the laptop when the mobo is completely dried and see if it will work, as a liquid spill can do allot of damage and short out components if you boot the laptop when the liquid is not dried out completely Btw, I’ve done this many time and just a cleanout works 100% and the laptops have booted up so you could be lucky😁, so don't stress out.

• Axel_b
    Axel_b Member Posts: 2 New User

thank you very much 😊

Is this viscous white liquid normal or do I need to clean it too?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer

That is the thermal grease compound used between the heatsink and CPU. You need to clean it off and put in new during assembly. You will not get good results if you try to put it back together without putting new grease in.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.