Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 HDMI port not working

Twoheadedgiant
Twoheadedgiant Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in Nitro Gaming

I recently had my Acer nitro 5 AN515-55 repaired under warranty (motherboard replacement), when I got it back, I tried connecting it to my external monitor which had previously worked, but the computer is not detecting the monitor.

When I unplug the cord connecting the monitor to the computer from the computer, the monitor says Check Video Cable, when I plug it back in, it says No Input Signal.

So far, I've tried: Unplugging both ends for a minute and plugging them back in again, power-cycling the monitor , power cycling the computer, and updating my graphics drivers

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? or is it hardware related and the repairmen made a mistake?

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Comments

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,488 Trailblazer

Send you laptop back to Acer or the tech that changed your mobo as the HDMI port should not be doing that, this laptop has a 1x HDMI for a quick and simple monitor connection, and a 1x USB 3.2 Type-C-Gen 2 port that can not only charge your devices but can also transfer data at up to 10Gbps – theoretical speeds. And if the situation calls for it, you can hook an HDMI adapter to plug it into a monitor, and reap the full advantage of a secondary display.

• Twoheadedgiant
    Twoheadedgiant Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Ok, thanks, I had already contacted the support email, but figured no harm in asking here in case there may have been something I could do that could fix it without sending it back in.