ConceptD 7 Ezel Pro Display Problems

Options
Ccwakefi
Ccwakefi Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

I've got the ConceptD 7 Ezel Pro. I have had it for two years. Recently, my display is acting strangely. When I boot it up and get to the Windows log in screen, the right side of the display is faded and impossible to read. After a lot of experimentation, what appears to be happening is that the farther you get to the right side of the display, the longer it takes for the display to create the image, often taking as long as a two minutes to produce it. There are some vertical greenish lines toward the edge that never go away. The screen is darker on that side too. To give you an example of how the visuals are appearing, if I scroll my mouse from the left to the right, it looks normal until about half way. Then you see a trail of mice about two thirds of the way to the right side, and then nothing, because that part of the panel takes far too long to update with the mouse.

For a while, this problem was only when the computer started and then, if I waited a few minutes, the display would just pop back to working completely. But over time, the amount of time I had to wait for the display to get better got longer. Sometimes 15, 20 minutes. And as of today, I left it on a half hour and it did not return to normal.

The device is currently out of warranty. I suspect it has something to do with hardware or wiring, as I also booted the device into another OS to confirm it wasn't software. Identical experience.

There is no way to contact Acer support if you are out of warranty, so I cannot even ask if a replacement part exists or get an idea if it is worth shipping it to Acer. Any recommendations on what I can do? Am I out a laptop?

I've attached a few images. In the first one, you can see what it looks like when I first enter the OS from a dark screen, with the right side not pulling the image in. You can also see the ghost of the “ConceptD” boot logo which will eventually disappear over time. Successive images show more of the color appear, but also the ghosts of menus I tried to navigate and places my mouse used to be.

Thanks!

Answers