XC 1760 it doesn't have any USB Speaker do I have to connect via the audio out socket?

Oggieben
Oggieben Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I have just bought an XC 1760 and discovered it doesn't have any speakers. I am thinking of buying a usb speaker. Will that work or do I have to connect via the audio out socket? Thank you.

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,923 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@Oggieben

Buy a speaker and connect the wire to the green colored port and the back. so that you can get the sound from the external speaker.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,923 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@Oggieben

Buy a speaker and connect the wire to the green colored port and the back. so that you can get the sound from the external speaker.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Hi @Oggieben Another alternative is to buy a USB rechargeable battery Bluetooth speaker.

I bought a small JBL, the size of a cigarette pack and the operation and sound are perfect, although there are many brands and sizes.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Both types of speakers will work fine. You can also go with Bluetooth, but typically wired (either via the 3.5mm audio jack or via USB) are cheaper.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

It much simpler to use the jack and plug up speaker. Don't waste a USB jack that you may need later and batteries are a forever thing to replace.