Acer X34P showing horizontal grey lines faded horizonal lines that will appear all across the screen

Options
ipangoo
ipangoo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2023 in Predator Monitors

Hello,

Just seeking some help on what I can do, I purchased a Acer X34P in 2020 March, The screen has started to play up as of last month, where I would leave it over night and then turn it on the next day for it to be super blotchy, cloudy and faded in colour, however give about 10 minutes the screen would clear up and no evidence of this faded cloudy spots will be there anymore, however then there are faded horizonal lines that will appear all across the screen.

I would think this monitor is on its way out? so I contacted Acer tech to raise this issue and ask them for assistance as the monitor would still JUST be under warranty, however they are pushing me back saying that I need to provide them with proof of purchase via an invoice, now stupid me, I can't seem to find the original invoice for this monitor so I'm doing all I can to provide what I have, but it's still not enough of proof this monitor is mine, so Acer Australia is not accepting my claim just due to me un able to get a invoice for them, I have tried to reach out to the store I bought the monitor from, however the store i purchased the monitor from has closed up shop, Covid in Melbourne Australia was pretty bad in 2020, so maybe they closed up due to the constant lockdowns? I don't know, but I'm just unable to get a copy of the invoice from them now.

does anyone have any suggestion at this point? these monitors ain't cheap costing $1,499 AUD RRP here and from what the techs are telling me and AUTH Acer repairers are telling me, I'm pretty much out of luck and this monitor is garbage at this point, so best to just throw it in the bin, when it completely blanks out.

Thank you.

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,764 Pathfinder
    Options

@ipangoo

Just turn of the monitor and unplug all the wires that goes to the monitor including the power cables. Than press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, than connect the wires and check.

Try to update the drivers for the monitor , even that could fix the issue.

Still if you have issue than i would request you to check with the store and try to get a replacement.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!