how do i atttch a wall mount to my EI322QURP monitor?

Options
elisauff
elisauff Member Posts: 1 New User

basically its says its 75X75 vesa compatible, but i took the stand off to try to attach my mounting bracket, but the surface of the monitor area is super uneven, different depths of scew holes, what is this!?!?!

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Due to the EI322QURP being a curved monitor you need to get a wall mount for the Acer 31.5" EI322QUR Pbmiippx that has a VESA size of 75 x 75 mm and weighs 20 lb. Try this mount from here as this will fit and take the wight of your monitor.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

From the User ManualIf:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Eskyman
    Eskyman Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks, I have the same problem as the original poster, and I did find your answer useful; however-

Now I need to find somewhere to get those "No. 2 35mm" screws, and I'll always wonder why Acer designed this to have such a weird mounting system with different heights. Even with those longer screws, the mount won't sit flat, it'll be uneven, and the cover plate won't be used so I'll have to store it along with the stand.

My old Acer TV simply had 4 mounting studs on the back, which was flat, where most wall mounts attach easily, and the mount came with the proper screws. Those old screws are way too short, so now I'll have to go shopping for longer ones.

I'm glad you posted this, I haven't found any other help so far (I was expecting that there'd be an accessory that replaces the stand, that plugs into the slot where the stand fits; that would be much better, and the cover plate could still be used.)

Thanks again!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

Typically they design the monitors to look as clean as possible with the stock stand, and that usually means they want to have the stand snap into place flush with the back of the monitor. That requires an inset where the stand fits, which for cost reasons is going to be smaller than the size of most VESA mounts. Hence the need for the offsets.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Eskyman
    Eskyman Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Yes, I'm sure you're right, the stock stand is what they expect most users to use. Still, this arrangement seems needlessly impractical. I'm glad the back isn't visible now since it's ugly without the cover. I found the box that my wall mount came in, and fortunately it contained the necessary screws. They were only barely long enough, but they worked, so now I have this gorgeous (from the front!) monitor and it's amazing!

Thanks for the help & advice, it was much appreciated!