X34 S came used and defective from Amazon, what are my options for repairs?

Options
NecroRAM
NecroRAM Member Posts: 3 New User

Amazon really done ***** up. Bought a new X34 S only to get sent a used and returned one with 4 vertical dead pixel lines. The worst thing is I shipped/exported it to me in Armenia through a freight forwarder and so the return label is now invalid for me, cant use it with our local UPS or the freight forwarder itself for the return for some reason. Ive called every party; Amazon, UPS, Acer, the forwarder, seems like everything is stacked against me. Cant get a refund without a costly return, and cant even return it when Im willing to because of stupid technicalities on every side.

Thinking about I should just keep it and have it repaired. Which still means shipping it over to the US or somewhere as we dont have Acer centers anywhere near here I guess.

So what are my options? Maybe someone has had a similar experience. Should I try the return still? Should I find a closer repair center like in the EU, or just ship it to the US?

Is there a way I can get the replacement screen and try to repair it myself?

Also, what can I do with Amazon for their *****. One would think ***** up this bad would imply some compensation or understanding.

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Best thing is to send the X34 S monitor back to the retailer from Amazon, as Amazon surely has a money back or exchange policies on whoever they allow to sell products on their site (eBay do and are very good in this regard).

For you to get a new screen and a tech to replace it, it will cost you probably 75% extra to what this monitor costs, if you can get the parts. Send it back and either demand a new monitor or if it was me, I would demand a refund and take your losses and never buy anything from that retailer on Amazon again.

• NecroRAM
    Options

The funny part: it wasnt a retailer, it was sold by Amazon itself, I almost never shop from retailers. Thats why it is so shocking, they failed to unlist a defective monitor for over a year, Im pretty sure the contents of the box werent even checked, because it they didnt even restock the missing parts.

As for returning it to Amazon, thats what Im currently trying to do, but since its de facto a US-based order, the return label QR code is only applicable for within-US shipping, Amazon refuse to give me a printable label and the cargo service needs a printable label to ship it back to the US because of a stupid technicality. At least with sending it for repairs I can manually get another label on my behalf and not rely on the one provided by amazon. Another thing, can I even ship it back directly to their returns center? I know the address of where its supposed to go since I checked the tracking number of the label.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited February 2023
    Options

Ok now I know sort of what happened, as I thought that this monitor was sold by a secondary seller listed through Amazon and it wasn't an official Amazon sale, also I very rarely or virtually never shop with Amazon and only use eBay and other computer retailers that I know are legit and honourable in my country Australia like newegg.com.au or mware.com.au or JWComputers.com.au that have great prices and all legit products, so this should be a lesson for you unfortunately when shopping with Amazon.

Even being with eBay for over 15years, I don’t trust allot of the sellers especially with expensive item just like that, as I look closely to who is selling these products, as in that period of time with eBay (and I’ve shopped for many item new and in auctions and over AUD $1000.00) I’ve never ever had problems with returns, faulty products, as eBay guarantee all their eBay official sales from any of their retailers that sell through eBay with their complete “Money Back Guarantee“ that doesn’t even require the faulty product to be returned, which happened to me on a few occasions.

Your problem is defiantly with Amazon (read their return policies) as they should honour their warranty and their return shipping policies costs, unless their return policies costs are that a buyer has to pay for the return shipping, which is provably what happened here. This is not a cheap 145 Hz (overclocked 180Hz) monitor so you must have paid a few bucks for this even if its not full retail (btw I bought a Dell 32 165hz 1ms Curved Gaming Monitor for 65% less only a few months ago through eBay but this was sold on eBay through Dell's official site and that is why I bought it) and this monitor works 100% without any problems straight out of the box, which your Predator X34S monitor should also do, as this Acer monitor aint cheap as its retailing on Acer US shop site for $1,099.99 this is a very nice monitor.

• NecroRAM
    Options

Never had such a problem with Amazon before, Id trust Amazon over any retailer in general but they dropped the ball in this case. Also always had good support from Amazon, they have issued returnless refunds and printable labels multiple times in the past, Idk what has changed since or if its just with this product specifically.