Nitro 5 AN515-45 : Problem with MT7921 Wi-Fi card

Borin8
Borin8 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

About a month ago I bought the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 laptop but in the first week I already noticed that my Wi-Fi connection stopped at random times and I had to restart my laptop before I was able to reconnect. So I checked in the Windows Event Viewer and noticed a couple recuring warnings and errors:

• - (warning) WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped
  • -(warning) Name resolution for the name "name" timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.
  • -(error) MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.
  • -(error) Miniport MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card had event Fatal error: The miniport has detected an internal error.

So for the rest of the week I tried to google solutions, I updated the drivers to the latest according to the acer drivers support page, I changed power management settings, I reset the network settings, searched for corrupted windows files, ... None of them worked. So I sent the laptop back for repairs, it took 2 weeks before I got my laptop back, I got a document stating what was to solve the problem, the only thing on it was that they updated software and that they could not reproduce the problem. From what I could tell, they had only updated the BIOS. But my problem is still there. I tried to use the IOBIT Driver Booster and updated the Wi-Fi Driver to a newer version, 3.3.0.713, but it still did not solve my problem.

I saw some posts here with similar problems and a solution for them was to download the drives for Lenovo so I am a bit worried if that is still a viable and safe solution, because they have updated the drivers recently and the read.me states it's an update for a couple Lenovo laptops while my device is an Acer.

I read online that the MT7921 causes a lot of problems so I was thinking that maybe it is better to change the wifi card to the Intel AX200?

Apologies for asking yet another question about the MT7921 and thank you in advance for reading through.

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@Borin8 you can try the driver from another website if the Acer driver still has problem. If driver doesn't work, you can switch to AX200.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers