ACER predator 3000 Swaped PSU - now sleep funtion does not work.no ATX12VO power supply available

Options
CharleyTX
CharleyTX Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited December 2023 in Predator Desktops

I've followed an other ACER predator 3000 users post switching out the PSU to a 750W.

As we know, there is no ATX12VO power supply available (which is what predator 3000 gaming PC), so I used a standard PSU with a 24 pin MOBO cable. T

The PSU does not have the 6 pin ATX MOBO connector, so again I followed the recommendation and purchased a 24 pin to 6 pin adapter.

Everything works, except when the system is put in sleep, the PSU fan, the case fans and GPU fans are on. The MOBO does not tell the PSU to go to sleep so it is powering components.

Any recommendations?

Here is the original thread. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/660754/po3-620-psu-swap-succesful

thanks

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

My guess is the adapter doesn't do something right with the PS_On signal or it's return. That is supposed to only be a momentary contact when the power button is pressed. I believe some systems use the return Gnd as a status signal instead of just the return for the PS_On and that cable might be doing something similar. Try pulling that wire out of the 6 pin connector so it looks like Acer's connector to see if that makes any difference. Worse case it won't turn on until you put it back. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers