install error for Windows 11 update & install on SF314-512

Options
lgcfjx010
lgcfjx010 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I purchased the new SF314-512 weeks ago; however, the Windows 11 update & install failed since yesterday. Any suggestions? thanks a lot!

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,031 Trailblazer
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes and its not only in your SF314-512, as there is nothing wrong with your laptop, I got the same and similar updates in WU on my Nitro 5 running Win-11 Home yesterday 16 Feb 2023 with the last Win-11 updates. I get the updates below, but they don't download or install, and they always come back as "Retry" like you have shown no matter what I do, the updates are these:

1. Realtek – Extension 9.21.3690.273
    2. River Networks LLC – Extension – 2.3.3314.0
    3. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 (Version 1.383.51.0)
    4. DTS – Extension – 1.10.35.0

The FIX is to do this:

1. Launch the Run dialog box. Type C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution, and press Enter.

2. Select all the files in the SoftwareDistribution folder and click on the trash icon at the top and delete them all.

3. Get out of that File Explorer folder and reboot the PC

4. After reboot, run Windows Update as all these updates will be eliminated and won't come up again and your Windows 11 Update will say "You're up to date"

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,031 Trailblazer
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes and its not only in your SF314-512, as there is nothing wrong with your laptop, I got the same and similar updates in WU on my Nitro 5 running Win-11 Home yesterday 16 Feb 2023 with the last Win-11 updates. I get the updates below, but they don't download or install, and they always come back as "Retry" like you have shown no matter what I do, the updates are these:

1. Realtek – Extension 9.21.3690.273
    2. River Networks LLC – Extension – 2.3.3314.0
    3. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 (Version 1.383.51.0)
    4. DTS – Extension – 1.10.35.0

The FIX is to do this:

1. Launch the Run dialog box. Type C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution, and press Enter.

2. Select all the files in the SoftwareDistribution folder and click on the trash icon at the top and delete them all.

3. Get out of that File Explorer folder and reboot the PC

4. After reboot, run Windows Update as all these updates will be eliminated and won't come up again and your Windows 11 Update will say "You're up to date"

• lgcfjx010
    lgcfjx010 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks a lot StevenGen!

I tried another way yesterday after I posted this question: I changed "Pause updates" in "Windows Update", then somehow I was able to click "Check for updates", and it works. For sure, I'll try to use your solution if I have the same issue next time.

Once again, appreciate your solution!