My Acer CP713-2W-36LV is going for 3rd Repair for same problem. Should I ask for a Refund if 4th?

Susandawn
Susandawn Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter

Hi, I've written before about the problems I have been having with this laptop! It was 1st sent in to be repaired on Dec. 06/22, the 2nd time Jan.19/23 & it's once again being shipped back tomorrow Feb. 14/23 for it's 3rd repair! The problems have been with the Mainboard & the Battery.

I'm beyond frustrated, some of the members here have said that this is a known problem for this laptop, wished I'd known this before I ever bought it!

Anyway, if once it's returned & if it's a problem again do you agree that it's time to insist on a full refund? Trouble is that I bought it thru Bestbuy Canada & the return date is long past! Does Acer stand up & refund without a fight? Also do you agree that enough is enough? The warranty ends April 4th so my time is getting shorter although the Warranty (I think) should be extended every time it's repaired if it's for the same problem!

Thanks again in advance for any advice or support that you can give me, some members have already been a big help in the past, Susan

Answers