windows 10 is deleted from hard drive and I can't boot up anymore!

Options
vahid999
vahid999 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 2023 in Windows 10

Hi!

My brother wanted to change the windows 10 without knowing how to do that. he just messed everything up!

Windows is deleted from "C" drive. the "C" partition is Formatted and now I get 0Xc000000f error which is about booting!

It also give me this error when I want boot the windows "no bootable device"!

When I insert the windows CD to install the windows, It tells me "selected disk is an MBR partition table. on EFI systems Windows can only be installed to GPT disk".

I can't boot anything other than my windows CD. I tried to boot a recovery software (easeUS) from a bootable flash drive but it didn't Boot up!

I tried many solutions from YouTube but none of them worked!

I've uploaded a couple of screenshots to take a look at! (I had to take all images using my smartphone, sorry for bad quality)

If you needed more things to know, don't hesitate to ask!

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

What is your laptop model number, also have you tried to boot Win-10 from a USB external drive, so that you will be able to see Partition 3 with all your valuable personal data,

The notification tells you why you can't install Win-10 onto that disk, it says that the selected disk has an MBR partition table (which is a Legacy Partition) and Win-10 can only be installed on a GPT on your laptop (which is a GUID UEFI portioned disk). Try to either boot the laptop with an external USB Win-10 bootable OS or install Win-10 again on "Drive 0 - Unallocated Space" but you need to install the IRST drive that should be something like this for your laptop "IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver" as then the Win-10 installation will allow the installation process to format the drive into GUID (GPT) UEFI and the Win-10 to proceed.

• vahid999
    vahid999 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

my laptop model is Acer E5-575g

and no I haven't tried to boot from external USB drive.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,975 Trailblazer
    edited February 2023
    Options

Try to run Win-10 OS from a bootable USB that will then allow you to read all the valuable data on that other hard drive. Another and a riskier way is to install Win-10 onto that Unallocated Drive and when you come to the installation of Win-10 and the driver page (where you got that notification) use the SATA AHCI Driver (make sure that you put that onto a separate USB and have it handy) for your Aspire E5-575G laptop to format this HDD and see if that will allow you to format that hard drive and continue with the installation of Win-10.

The best and safest is to do a USB on the GO see here: How To Create Windows 11 Bootable USB Drive With Rufus this is also a guide for Win-10 and follow that link of how to do that USB, and then boot your Aspire E5-575G laptop that way as that will make the OS recognize your other drive where your personal files drives are. Its a simple thing to do and maybe and after you have recovered all your personal files then you can do the installation and format onto that unallocated drive later if that HDD is not faulty or damaged, which you have to check also.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

Boot from the Windows install flash drive and go to the repair option command prompt. Use diskpart as you did to change the drive type back to GPT. No data should be lost. Next boot to the installer, and remove the two partitions that are around 500MB. That should give you under 500GB of unallocated space. Choose that unallocated space for the Windows install and it will create the needed partitions there and give you a big C: drive. Your data partition will likely be D: or E: and still have everything there. You will have to reinstall any apps you use since you are working off a clean installation.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.