Acer fa100 256gb nvme ssd is not showing in the time of installation.

Sid1Sol
Sid1Sol Member Posts: 1 New User

My PC's Motherboard is Gigabyte h410m h. V3. Bios version is F6. I'm trying to installing windows 10 through bootable usb. But the installed "Acer fa100 256gb nvme ssd" is not showing. My question is which driver to be install for showing ssd in my pc .

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer

The motherboard might be configured for Intel VMD or iRST support. If that's the case just install those drivers as appropriate during the Windows install process when it gets to the 'Where do I install' page and the drive will show up. You can also just switch the BIOS to use AHCI instead, with a loss of features that are available with VMD or iRST.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,916 Trailblazer
    edited February 2023

I don't know which Gigabyte H410M H V3 (rev. 1.0/1.2) or rev. 1.1/1.3 you have, but make sure that you get the appropriate and especially the bios update drivers for the mobo you have, as this is what you have to do for this Acer M.2 FA100 NVMe SSD to be recognized.

You first need to go to Gigabyte H410M H V3 (rev. 1.0/1.2) or rev 1.1/1.3 download driver page and download this Intel Rapid Storage Technology onto a separate USB and have it ready to install for the Acer M.2 SSD.

Then start the Win-10 installation and when you get to this section, chose Custom Install

• Then and as soon as you select the second (Custom) option you will see a windows like below.
    • This is very important be careful here. Here you can see all available hard disk drives in your PC as the Acer FA100 NVMe SSD will NOT be showing.
    • Go to "Load driver" and then insert the USB with the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver
    • Install this driver and your Acer M.2 FA100 NVMe SSD will be recognized and you will be able to continue the Win-10 installation, that is it, its very simple.
    • Also make sure that all your drivers and bios is up to date and for the right mobo that you have of the Gigabyte H410M H V3 (rev. 1.1/1.3) or rev. 1.0/1.2