HDMI and usb-vga - all sort of second monitor options not working. Acer Nitro 5

husokal
husokal Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I need to use external monitor works with VGA,

i tried usb-vga connector, hdmi vga connter and usb type-c vga connector. None of them worked for me for this laptop. Using Windows 11 64 bit. Uptaded graphic driver with windows update center, also with nvidia, also with driver support assistant, none of them worked. This laptop isnt recognisig and externak monitor, help please

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

>>>i tried usb-vga connector, hdmi vga connter and usb type-c vga connector.>>>

You were probably trying to use passive VGA form factor adapter. Neither the HDMI or USB ports natively support VGA signals So a passive adapter won't work.

You need to use an active VGA signal converter that converts HDMI video signals to VGA video signals or USB signals to VGA video signals An example from StarTech is shown below. Active signal converters usually cost 2x-4x more than a passive cable adapter.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓

>>>i tried usb-vga connector, hdmi vga connter and usb type-c vga connector.>>>

You were probably trying to use passive VGA form factor adapter. Neither the HDMI or USB ports natively support VGA signals So a passive adapter won't work.

You need to use an active VGA signal converter that converts HDMI video signals to VGA video signals or USB signals to VGA video signals An example from StarTech is shown below. Active signal converters usually cost 2x-4x more than a passive cable adapter.

Jack E/NJ

• husokal

Tinkerer

Yesterday i tried a hdmi monitor and still didnt recognise the monitor

• JackE

Try pressing FN+F5 combination to toggle the HDMI monitor on.

Jack E/NJ

• husokal

Tinkerer

edited February 2023

It does not recognises the monitor, it doesnt nodest that there is a monitor attached with cable. Nor with HDMI to HDMI nor with, with vga monitor with hdmi cable nor with vga to- usb type-c table- nor with active vga-hdmi adapter. Uninstalled NVIDIA driver and reinstalled, uninstalled vga driver and reinstalled, nothing changed.

I think its about a driver problem come from AMD processor Intel chipset and Nvidia graphic card configuration combination.

• JackE

>>>It does not recognises the monitor, i>>>

What signal converter are you using? Model and part number?

Jack E/NJ

• husokal

Tinkerer

Alfais 4487

Dark DK HD AMDPXVGA

Alfais 4961 USB 3.1

• JackE

Üzgünüm hayır! Bunların hiçbiri AKTİF sinyal dönüştürücüler değildir. Ucuz PASİF biçim faktörlü adaptörlerdir. Aşağıdaki AKTİF sinyal dönüştürücüye ihtiyacınız var. Daha önce belirtildiği gibi, AKTİF sinyal dönüştürücüler, PASİF adaptörlerden daha pahalıdır.

Sorry, no! None of those are ACTIVE signal converters. They are cheap PASSIVE form factor adapters. You need the following ACTIVE signal converter. As mentioned earlier, ACTIVE signal converters are more expensive than PASSIVE adapters.

Jack E/NJ

• husokal

Tinkerer

edited February 2023
  • husokal

Tinkerer

Also this model Alfais 4487 worked for my friends laptop...

• JackE

The Rankie looks like it should work. Let us know if it does so I can add it to my list.

Your friend's laptop HDMI port probably supports alternate mode VGA signal output. Your laptop does not.

Jack E/NJ

• husokal

Tinkerer

Yeah Rankie worked nicely. Thanks

• JackE

Thanks for report. Good to know. I'll add it to the list. 🙂

Jack E/NJ