CP713-2W-5874 left USB port won't charge from, bad battery life

mySpin713SEA
mySpin713SEA Member Posts: 2 New User

CP713-2W-5874 left USB port won't charge from, bad battery life

Hi All,

I've got the Spin 713, Mfg date June 11, 2020. Purchased in around October 2020.

Pretty soon after buying the laptop, i could not charge the laptop from the left USB port (oof - at least i have the right USB port)

Now (Jan 2023), the right USB port can be "finicky" about when it takes a charge and the battery only lasts about 2 hours. Which really sucks when the goal of the computer was to be portable.

What are my options? What's the average cost of repair? Or can it (even) be repaired if the issue is more than the battery (a motherboard chip issue)?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@mySpin713SEA those are just the parts' prices alone. There will be more charges if you use the 3rd party repair. The battery is fairly easy to replace. The left USB-C port requires soldering for the replacement.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28

@mySpin713SEA try to use an old soft toothbrush to clean the USB C port. Or try to use another Type-C charger to charge the laptop. You will have to replace the USB-C port if that doesn't work. The USB-C port replacement costs around 25USD and the battery will be around 40USD.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • mySpin713SEA
    mySpin713SEA Member Posts: 2 New User

ooh aha. that's not too bad (25+40, 65)! is that the cost of the parts only (assumes DIY repair), or is that what the acer repair folks would charge?

• AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓

@mySpin713SEA those are just the parts' prices alone. There will be more charges if you use the 3rd party repair. The battery is fairly easy to replace. The left USB-C port requires soldering for the replacement.