Predator Orion 3000 PO3-640-UA91 - some issues, possible new case, and new MOBO and PSU

Options
CharleyTX
CharleyTX Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

The PC is an Acer Predator Orion 3000 PO3-640-UA91 Gaming Desktop | 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700F 12-Core | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB Gen4 SSD | 1TB HDD |

Original intent was too use this PC with a meta pro VR headset, with PCVR games and flight-sims.

Asking if for help solving some issues.

The front USB-C type connector does not play well with the VR headset. The headset prefers to be connected to a highspeed USB-C connection. when I connected it, it provides charging to the headset but no data communication. Can it be turned on somehow?

I purchased an $80 meta branded USB -C to USB-C highspeed data cable and can't use it. The front red socket USB type 3 (red) works great with the VR headset.

Next. Installed a corsair liquid cooler. It requires a USB header port. My MOBO has a place on the board for USB header, but ACER did not solder anything to connect to. I am missing a USB header. any options?

Dislike- On the mobo, The 3070 video card completely covers the only other avail Pci-1 slot. I may go with a different case (so I can mount the liquid cooler) and use a PCI slot relocator ribbon for the video card at the same time.

Purchased 2 more memory cards - possibly not XMP. the bios does not let me turn it on- it is greyed out. all now run 2900mhz.

Is there a way to OC this CPU? again, the bios is locked, it does not have that option and neither does the predator sense app.

I realize that this MOBO is a ATx12VO, and there is no readily available Psu to purchase, I've read about the adaptor cable option.

With considering all these, and...should decide to replace the MOBO, will it interfere with the already installed ACER softwares and windows 11 registration? how difficult a MOBO swap is regarding software issues? thanks

Does anyone has the pinout for the front panel pins on the MOBO? wich is the power on connector? as well as pinout for the PSU atx6 pin connector on the MOBO.

PS: with the MS flight sim running PCVR, and added liquid cooling, the PSU shows 320 Watts consumption. i am glad it is not running near the 500W PSU limit.

thank you

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

WOW those are allot of questions, anyway,😁 here are some of the answers,

1. With the USB-C this PC has the USB 3.2 Gen2 Type C Port on the front panel. Read about USB_Cs here to get more knowledge on them and what they do and what connection to use.
    2. With the Corsair H-Series liquid cooling with the Micro-B-USB-to-9-pin (USB 2.0) motherboard header to provide integration of the H100i RGB PRO XT with iCUE software, you will have to look for an adaptor to a 4pin plug that this mobo provides or get a tech to solder that connector onto the mobo, or forget about that feature. But, this mobo has ARGB plugs on the mobo.
    3. All the memory configurations and population of all DIMMS 1 to 4 are very detailed for this desktop in the downloadable manual (so download it) the Acer memory specs are below, but its best if you match the existing ram specs and install CPUz and always match the same CAS# Latency, also its a good idea to do a Crucial System Scan as that will give you all the memory options and budgets for an upgrade of ram.
    1. You can't OC the cpu from the bios on this mobo, OC is not a feature of this desktop.
    2. If you intend to replace the mobo for an OC feature and others features and to use all the components, then you need to replace the mobo with an Intel B660 or a Z690 chipset socket LGA1700 mobo.
    3. I've included the pinout for the front panel of this mobo so use that. Good luck and hope this helps you out👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    Options

WOW those are allot of questions, anyway,😁 here are some of the answers,

1. With the USB-C this PC has the USB 3.2 Gen2 Type C Port on the front panel. Read about USB_Cs here to get more knowledge on them and what they do and what connection to use.
    2. With the Corsair H-Series liquid cooling with the Micro-B-USB-to-9-pin (USB 2.0) motherboard header to provide integration of the H100i RGB PRO XT with iCUE software, you will have to look for an adaptor to a 4pin plug that this mobo provides or get a tech to solder that connector onto the mobo, or forget about that feature. But, this mobo has ARGB plugs on the mobo.
    3. All the memory configurations and population of all DIMMS 1 to 4 are very detailed for this desktop in the downloadable manual (so download it) the Acer memory specs are below, but its best if you match the existing ram specs and install CPUz and always match the same CAS# Latency, also its a good idea to do a Crucial System Scan as that will give you all the memory options and budgets for an upgrade of ram.
    1. You can't OC the cpu from the bios on this mobo, OC is not a feature of this desktop.
    2. If you intend to replace the mobo for an OC feature and others features and to use all the components, then you need to replace the mobo with an Intel B660 or a Z690 chipset socket LGA1700 mobo.
    3. I've included the pinout for the front panel of this mobo so use that. Good luck and hope this helps you out👍

• CharleyTX
    CharleyTX Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options

Thank you, thank you, thank you Stevengen!!!

everything in your response is very helpful, especially the pinouts.

A few more things if I may...

Where can I download "predator sense" that has a bit more functions and adjustability. The One came with my PC is very basic and limited. Also, how to resize "it" so it does not take up thee whole screen?

thanks

• StevenGen
    Options

Not a problem glad to help you out, the Predator Sense is always in your PO3-640s desktops Acer Manuals & Drivers Applications section and the last version for your PO3-640 desktop is the Predator Sense Version:3.00.3050 <<< so click on that link as it will download the file for you and then install it.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options

Note that Predator Sense is tweaked a bit for each model Predator and any version should only give you the same options as appropriate for your model.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.