Why am I having horizontal lines on my laptop screen and I can't use below that line ?

Anupa07
Anupa07 Member Posts: 4 New User

I am not able to use laptop for hours and then after few hours or something happens then only I'm being able to use it

Answers

• What is the laptop model number? Is it under warranty, as if it is, then don't do anything and send it to Acer, as these symptoms are an internal eDP cable/plug at either motherboard end or screen end or with the actual screen, you must have some problems internally for this to happen.

• Gana4066
    Gana4066 Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

@Anupa07

If you can't use the bottom part of the horizontal lines, try using an external monitor plugged in and see if that has the same or if the screen works fine with an external monitor.

For cloning the screen, after connecting to an external monitor, use Windows + P gives four options, out of which you have to choose duplicate

1. Hardware damage: If the lines result from physical damage to the Laptop's screen, the display may need to be replaced. See if you accidentally applied pressure on the Laptop. That confirms it's a hardware issue.
    2. GPU issues: If the lines appear when running graphics-intensive applications, the problem may be with the GPU. In this case, updating the GPU drivers or contacting the manufacturer for support may be helpful. You haven't mentioned when this happens. Is this happening all the time from when you start PC or only sometimes?
    3. Connector problems: If the lines appear when you move or jostle the Laptop, the problem may be with the connection between the screen and the Laptop's motherboard.
    4. Driver issues: If the lines appear after a software update, the problem may be with the video drivers. Updating the video drivers or rolling back to a previous version may help.
    5. Display cable problems: If the lines persist even after updating drivers or changing the GPU, the issue could be with the display cable. This happened to my friend's Laptop, but it was due to evident physical damage, but we can't confirm it

• Anupa07

Hi the bottom part works but it is slow the cursor moves slowly like with glitch and i will be able to use properly if it try to use it for like 15 min but when i turn on my laptop the line appears

• Anupa07

The line appears when I start my laptop after it is turned off. Else it disappears after 15-30 min of forcefully use

• Gana4066

@Anupa07

Does when you move or jostle the Laptop help or worsen the thing?

Can you revert to the previous update? How long has this been happening, and did you recently update your software?

• Anupa07

No moving screen doesn't help. Idk how to revert the updates, it's been almost a month now .

• Gana4066

To revert the windows update, you can do this

You can uninstall latest windows update installed like this and see if this helps

Thanks

Please like if this helps

• pravvent
    pravvent Member Posts: 1 New User

This can help you

Horizontal lines on laptop screen Fix, Solve it within few minutes

I was facing this issue because of software problem so i solved it.

If the problem is because of software then you can solve it 

You can try some troubleshooting i have mentioned the article you can follow it and solve your problem.

If the problem is because of any hardware issue then you have to replace the display.