my acer chromebook cb315-3h, model # n19q3, wont connect to internet.

z29guinn
z29guinn Member Posts: 2 New User

The chromebook has had trouble for a while. It doesnt connect to any internet and doesnt search for any internet On the bottom right corner where there’s some settings including WiFi, the WiFi is always turned off. When I click on it to turn it on, the switch turns on, but it doesn’t actually turn on, because then when I click out of it, it says it’s off. Usually when it’s not connected to WiFi, the symbol will have an x inside of it, but it’s just an outline of the symbol. When I go to WiFi settings, the option to enable WiFi isn’t even there. It isnt on the current software because i have no internet to update it. I have already tried turning the computer off and on a few times, and have already tried power washing, but nothing works. I know it is the computer because it does the same thing everywhere else. If anyone has any options it would be greatly appreciated, I dont want to have to pay to fix it lol.

Answers

• z29guinn
    z29guinn Member Posts: 2 New User

cant figure out how to edit, but chrome os is still on version 100.0.4896.133

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Your CB315-3H uses an Intel 9560 M.2 WiFi/Bluetooth card and typically when something like that is happening it is because the WiFi card isn't working correctly. If it were an antenna issue the WiFi would stay on and it just wouldn't find any networks, or at least require a physically close connection to your router. Since the WiFi is being turned off by the OS it is more likely the card itself. They aren't too expensive (under $20 IIRC) it might be worthwhile to swap it out and see if that fixes the issue. You will have to open thing up in order to get access to the card...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.