Aspire XC600 is there any other Motherboards (Intel) that will fit the XC600 case?

Options
Sharonea
Sharonea Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2023 in Windows 10

I have a Aspire XC600 is there any other mother boards (Intel) that will fit the XC600 case? even not a Acer ,

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Just myu suggestion as there are allot of otions and its even better to consider getting a newer and more modern desktop with a bit more money, its your choice. As an upgrade depends on your budget and if you want to upgrade everything like cpu, ram and gpu,psu as the XC600 has an atx socket 1155 board and runs a 3rd Gen Intel cpu with low speed DDR3-1333 ram, if you want to use the same components then you are limited to the upgrade. To get anything substantial as an upgrade you need to upgrade your desktop to the specs of the upper and newer Aspire XC780 desktop which has a different atx board, its still a socket 1151 and runs as its top of the range specs the Intel Core i7-7700 3.6G 8M 2133 Quad Core 65W Kaby Lake with DDR4-2133MHz ram, M.2 SSD and more up to date components than your old XC600 spec, and you can't use your cpu/ram from your XC600 desktop, as you need to buy new cpu/ram and a gpu like the NVIDIA GTX745 DDRIII 4GB that the CX780 runs to give you a much superior performance.

If you want to upgrade to the XC780 these are the components parts and Acer part numbers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Just realize that third party motherboards won't have those same connector for the front ports. To give better info we will need to know which XC-60x model you have. There wasn't ever an XC-600 I don't believe, they started that line with the XC-602 and I think did XC-603 and XC-605 models. Your full model number should be on the same sticker as the serial number.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.