Acer Spin 5 SP513-54N-74V2 Screen showing top 1 inch and vertical red lines

Junk
Junk Member Posts: 8 New User

My Spin 5 screen started fading, then went to vertical lines, and then just the top one inch is showing. Works fine on external. Definitely HW as I booted Linux flash drive and same issue. Did the battery drain. I don't know whether it is the screen or perhaps a cable issue. I can buy a screen replacement but it doesn't have the cable. Suggestions welcomed. I've opened it up and you can see the cable. If I replace the screen I would want to replace the cable too. Looking for sources for both.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer

Boot into the BIOS. Does it have the same issue there? If so it's definitely a hardware issue. The cable is bonded to the display itself so Acer only offers the whole assembly. The part number for that is: 6M.HQUN1.001

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Junk

I already acertained it was hardware but where do I get the part with the cable? Link maybe?

• billsey

You have to search for that part number to find sources that work in your locale.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Junk

The only one I can see is one on Amazon and reviews say the Stylus doesn't work with it and I draw a lot. Is there any source at Acer to obtain the correct item? Any contact at Acer?

• billsey

When I search on that part number (6M.HQUN1.001) I get several different sources, none of which seem to be Amazon. Likely the most cost effective ones are on eBay, but I don't know where you are located, so you could easily have different ones form what I see.