Hi I will like to swap the GPU for a GIGABYTE

GIGABYTE - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

12GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 Graphics

Card

Do you think that this one fit? What are your recommendations. Thank you

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,311 Trailblazer

I would expect that will work fine, the 1660 and 3060 use close to the same amount of power. Measure your space to be sure, since different manufacturers build their cards in different sizes. BTW, your model is a PO3-630-UW91 (Predator Orion 3000, not Predator Zero 3000). :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gabrgo
    Gabrgo Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Thank you for your answer! And what about the 3070? Will it be great as well with the PSU? I have doubts between the 3060 and the 3070. I just want to buy want that last longer on the system. Thank you

• billsey

Both the 3060 and 3070 run just fine on a 500W power supply, and Acer ships models with those very cards.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gabrgo

Tinkerer

I was checking the PSU on this model

Orion 3000 PO3 630G UW91 and I don’t see the 8 pin conector I only see 2 six pins conector so I don’t know how can I put the other graphics cards

• billsey

#s 2, 3, and 14 are the power connectors on your MB:

The PSU also have six and eight pin connectors specifically for the GPU card:

If the GPU you select needs two eight pin connectors then you need a six to eight pin adapter cable for the second one.

• Gabrgo

Tinkerer

Thank you for your help. In case I want to swap the PSU later on can I use any PSU? Thank you

• billsey

No, it should be an ATX12VO power supply. If you are technical enough you might be able to modify the cabling form a different power supply to act like a 12VO though. You need to verify the 12V on the new supply is on a single rail and powerful enough for your needs, then put an adapter in between the 24 pin cable off the PSU to #2, 3 and 14 on the MB.