Acer Bifrost ARC 770 Graphics tool Predator Bifrost improvments

Options
Traybox
Traybox Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2023 in Gaming Accessories

Hello!

Just bought the Acer Bifrost ARC 770 16GB and I have some comments on the software.

The minimum limit for fancurve is 20%, but no telemitry on how much room you can improve the curve at all, only % based. A curve for the blowerfan and AUX fan would be very helpful tinkering with the fanspeed, since the 20% one is not fixed, its what it's minimum allowed, making my fans go up and down in speed, not fined tuned at all. Example: fan speed fluxuates from 900rpm to 1200rpm every few seconds, up and down. And which fan is it, is it the blower fan or AUX fan?

[Edited the content to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Traybox
    Options

I should add:

It's the big fan that spins between those ranges.

Fancontrol is fixed at minimum 20%, can't go lower

The fan behaviour is at idle speed, at desktop, doing nothing.

When starting the computer, fans go 100%, then down to 20%, then repeating 3-4 times before going to 0RPM, then at desktop going slowly up to 20% again.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,031 Trailblazer
    Options

How are you finding this gpu? As from reading some reviews on this card buying one is very worrying, as there are many issues include random restarts of display adapter, signified by sudden black screens and a beep. Decode issues making local video playback technicolor kaleidoscopes, until you reload file or toggle between hardware and software decode or fullscreen/windowed. Hooking issues for streamshare in discord where every program and monitor preview is black screened [sometimes you need to use ctrl+shift+win+B to force display adapter to restart, which fixes this and other small hangups] which as far as this review, this is really the tip of the iceberg with it's list of issues with discord, and streams constantly ending themselves too etc.. etc...

Also, and with Win-11 you have to re calibrates your monitor layout every time it thinks you unplug, it, if you turn off your monitor this causes the card to reassign the designation from "Device to Device" which causes Win-11 to switch to the "New" device and wrecks voicemeeters input/output settings. 

• Traybox
    edited February 2023
    Options

Finding it is really easy because it's listed on some serval Swedish sales sites. Never knew about this problem, so far what you've been describing, no trouble or issues at all, the only issue I have is the annoying Aux fan that goes up and down with no apparent reason, temps in idle is 38c. GPU power draw is 32w.

I use Win10 2H22 currently today.