Spin 3 charging port not working model # N19W2.... any suggestions??

Options
Lsandoval4868
Lsandoval4868 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I've tried using a different cord but that was no help. I love my Spin and am willing to have the charging port changed if that is what it takes. Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

If you continually plug and unplug the charger plug into your laptops daily for charging port then, the laptops charger ports like its side negative pin or the middle positive pin wears out to a stage that it won't make contact and the laptop won't charge. You need to check both chargers plug and the laptops side charging port if they are working 100% as that is the only way to fix this issue.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

We don't have a good cross reference for the N19W2 stuff, but I believe your laptop is likely one of the SP314-51 models. If you look at the sticker that has your serial number you should see the full model number, likely something like SP314-51-xxxx. If it is one of those, the DC-In jack is connected to the motherboard by a short cable, and is held in place using the hinge on that side. It's not unusual on these newer machines for the hinges to pull loose from the case, which would allow the jack to wiggle a bit. If that's the underlying issue on yours the best, out of warranty, solution is to open it up, rebuild the hinge mounts with epoxy and reseat the screws so the jack is held in place strongly again. If that jack has been damaged then in addition you will want to put a new jack in place.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • adk818
    adk818 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

I'm currently facing the exact same issue with my Acer Spin 3. Despite a prior warranty repair, the charging port problem has resurfaced. I'm frustrated with Acer's customer service, especially the $650 charge for a second repair post warranty period. Given the recurrence and the apparent manufacturer defect, I will stay away from Acer in the future. It's disheartening to see these issues persist across multiple users. It's time to consider alternative brands for future purchases.