My Acer Spin 3 (SP314-54N) stopped charging via Type-C.

Hello! My Spin 3 recently stopped charging via Type-C. I have been using the same Type-C charger and it's always been working until recently. I checked to see if it was the port's fault but it still recognizes my phone when I plug it into my laptop through a type-c to type-c cable. If I'm not mistaken, the problem started when I tried to plug in the normal AC adapter and the Type-C charger at the same time. Do you know what happened? Are there any fixes?

Thanks,

Sam

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 41,754 Trailblazer

With machine turned off, unplug charger(s). Gently insert and press a paperclip into the battery pack disconnect pinhole on the bottom for about 30 seconds. Plug USB-C charger back in. Does battery charge LED now glow steady orange or steady blue?

Jack E/NJ
  • Sam3210Sam3210 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Unfortunately, no. My laptop still only charges with the AC adapter. Do you have any other ideas?

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 41,754 Trailblazer

>>>f I'm not mistaken, the problem started when I tried to plug in the normal AC adapter and the Type-C charger at the same time>>>

I don't think that's the cause. Plugging both chargers in at the same time should be OK. The machine should auto switch to the most powerful charger. How many watts is the regular charger vs. the usb charger?

Try this. While the regular charger is plugged in and charging normally, plug the USB-C charger back in again. If still charging OK with both plugged in, unplug only the regular charger. What happens now?

Jack E/NJ