Why is my Acer Nitro AN515-57 GPU suddenly underperforming.

Frankiecat
Frankiecat Member Posts: 4 New User

I've had the laptop for a few months and it was performing amazingly up until recently. I booted up GTA5 one day and noticed that the fps was terrible, it was averaging around 15 fps, when usually it is at around 100 fps. I tried lowering the graphics to the lowest settings, and received only 20 fps. I decided I would play another game that wasn't so terrible, but that's when I found out my fps was terrible across all the games I tried. I ran a benchmark in userbenchmark, and it told me that the GPU was only utilizing 13% of its potential, and that it was in the 0th percentile.

Answers

• Frankiecat

Also I forgot to mention, I did a clean installation of my GPU drivers and STILL no improvements.

• Frankiecat

used msi afterburner in gta5 and this what its showing me

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder

In device manager , which Gpu is GPU 1? Gut feeling is that the graphics switching has been broke by ms

• Frankiecat

@Leostat GPU 1 is my RTX 3050ti. Luckily I was able to solve my problem another way. Apparently the latest nvidia gameready driver had something seriously messed up with it, downgraded to another driver and everything went back to normal.

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder

Good find :D

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    edited January 2023

@Frankiecat

Kindly go through the details from the link given below to increase the fps...

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/612495/windows-10-optimization-guide-for-gaming/p1

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★