TC-780-EB13 could not reboot into SAFE MODE

Options
Dhirra
Dhirra Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

The whole problem started, could not reboot into SAFE MODE.

Went into SYSTEM CONFIGURATION, tab Boot, Select Boot in Safe Mode

See:

https://recoverit.wondershare.com/computer-problems/how-to-fix-cant-enter-safe-mode.html

Use The System Configuration Tool when can’t Enter Safe Mode:

Now I hear it beep once, as usual when it rebooted to desktop regularly. The drives are humming. It won't move from black Screen of Death.

I've tried unplugging all peripherals, power source.

Rebooting: pressing shift+F8 (repeatedly), rebooted again then trying pressing F2 -- nothing

I am freaking out.

Is this tower garage now?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Try this link that gives you a guide of how to get into the Avanced options and guides of how to fix your startup problems here: https://www.geeksinphoenix.com/blog/post/2015/09/23/how-to-use-windows-10-advanced-boot-options

• Dhirra
    Dhirra Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2023
    Options

Thanks for the quick response. I will keep on file.

I saw in a Microsoft forum a lady suggested to view desktop with another monitor.

Of course I would have thought of that if not for the mental stress happening...

I do have the tower hooked up via HDMI to our television. When I switched to the computer channel -- the desktop in safe mode was there?!

Safe mode was engaged, just no signal being given to desktop Acer monitor? Huh. Thought the monitor now was the done, and unusable thing.

So I did what I had to do in safe mode; uninstalled an antivirus prog.

Went to system configuration, made sure I went into change setting for a "normal reboot"

Rebooted and the Acer desktop monitor worked, now?!!

I wonder what was going on here ....?

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Options

Sounds like that you had disconnected the HDMI cable to the monitor or in your troubleshooting ?

"I've tried unplugging all peripherals, power source."

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Safe mode uses the first video port that the system enumerates, so it's often not the port you expect... It doesn't even load drivers for a second port.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.