Acer Predator Helios 300 g3-571 Motherbpard connector

Options
mrlopre
mrlopre Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2023 in Predator Laptops

I Disassembled my Acer Predator Helios 300 g3-571 to change thermal paste and m2 hard drive.

I unintentionally broke a brown connector near the battery. I re-assembled the computer and it all works fine.

The connector seems to have a label on the motherboard "JBL1". Does anyone know what is it for?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,952 Trailblazer
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Thats the keyboard backlight, check your keyboard lights works, as D below is that connector and cable. You need to get the FPC mobo plug replaced and unfortunately you need a microscope and micro soldering tools as this FPC plug is small and needs the proper tools to replace or as a temporary fix, plug the flat cable into the plug and put tape over the top so that your keyboard backlight works until you can get it fixed..

FPC Plug

G3-571

Answers

• mrlopre
    Options

Here are some pictures

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,952 Trailblazer
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Thats the keyboard backlight, check your keyboard lights works, as D below is that connector and cable. You need to get the FPC mobo plug replaced and unfortunately you need a microscope and micro soldering tools as this FPC plug is small and needs the proper tools to replace or as a temporary fix, plug the flat cable into the plug and put tape over the top so that your keyboard backlight works until you can get it fixed..

FPC Plug

G3-571

• mrlopre
    Options

Hello Steven,

Thanks for the fast reply, The image explaining the motherboard plugs is really useful thanks!.

I have my computer connected to a monitor, mouse and keyboard really most of the time, so your answer is a relief as i dont really make use of keyboard backlight.

Thank you!