Windows 11 runs less smoothly when running on battery power on an515-57-534e.

Andrew_Sn
Andrew_Sn Member Posts: 146 Fixer WiFi Icon

Hello. I notice that windows 11 battery life is less smooth. When I go into the options, I can notice that the animations are less smooth, although I have everything at maximum performance. Is it normal?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

This is entirely normal for a laptop under heavy load when the battery alone can't meet the power demanded by the CPU. During these times the battery needs help from the charger to meet the full power demand. This is why it's important for the battery to be 100% charged AND plugged in BEFORE starting heavy gaming loads for maximum play time.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓

>>>But this is observed even on the desktop.>>>

What are you observing on the desktop?

If no gaming loads are running, only the desktop, then the CPU power & frequency should automatically drop to conserve battery energy.

Why would you want the CPU to consume more energy than it needs for the desktop without any gaming loads? Please explain.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE

Open Control Panel. Search 'power'. Click 'edit power plan' in left pane. Click 'change advanced power settings. Expand processor power management folder. Expand maximum power state sub-folder. Set 'on battery' to 100%.

Jack E/NJ

• Andrew_Sn

Hello, I have already done this, however, on battery power, the processor runs at a frequency below 2.7 GHz.

• JackE
    Answer ✓

This is entirely normal for a laptop under heavy load when the battery alone can't meet the power demanded by the CPU. During these times the battery needs help from the charger to meet the full power demand. This is why it's important for the battery to be 100% charged AND plugged in BEFORE starting heavy gaming loads for maximum play time.

Jack E/NJ

• Andrew_Sn

But this is observed even on the desktop.

• JackE
    Answer ✓

>>>But this is observed even on the desktop.>>>

What are you observing on the desktop?

If no gaming loads are running, only the desktop, then the CPU power & frequency should automatically drop to conserve battery energy.

Why would you want the CPU to consume more energy than it needs for the desktop without any gaming loads? Please explain.

Jack E/NJ