got a pic here. I was curious on finding out the functions particularly for the F6 key

Yomama786
Yomama786 Member Posts: 2 New User
This discussion was created from comments split from: Acer Keyboard Model KBRFCR.

Comments

• Yomama786
    Yomama786 Member Posts: 2 New User

Know it is a bit late, but got a pic here. I was curious on finding out the functions particularly for the F6 key (bought an Acer PC with this keyboard model recently), as I've looked online everywhere and cannot find out what this means. Gonna post this query on Reddit as well, just to see if I can get a solution.

Also, I'll put a list on what I think the F key icons do here:

F1: Searches for connecting devices

F2: Sleep mode (however this don't work most of the time and just shuts the screen off, but doesn't really put it in sleep mode, as I've noticed that the PC does not make a quieter sound, as well as the light not blinking to indicate it sleep mode; it just stays solid.)

F3: Mail - You can set the default app to open your mail in settings, so it doesn't have to be Microsoft's Mail app, but instead Outlook or whatever other option is available in the settings.

F4: Scroll Lock (not really familiar on its use, but I don't require it so idc)

F5: Refresh

F6: Star (??)

F7: Search - Really like this one.

F8: Low brightness

F9: High brightness

F10: Rewind

F11: Pause/Play

F12: Fast Forward

Fn key: I really don't know, as I press the F keys and I don't need to hold don't on Fn, nor it is a toggle (tested it), so... :/

Also, just out of curiosity; Is it possible to program whatever you want the Fn keys to do yourself? I would love to have that option.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

So I can't see the right side of the keyboard, but since the numbers aren't shown on the u, i, o, j, k, l, and m keys it looks like NumLk isn't supported. Typically when NumLk is supported on a keyboard without a number keypad, the numbers are shown as alternates for those keys.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.