How to fn lock on Acer Nitro N50-640-ER13

Options
MrGoonius
MrGoonius Member Posts: 1 New User

There is no lock on the keyboard, there's no option to change the setting in the BIOS/UEFI firmware settings and I'm trying to figure out how to use my Function keys as numbers by default without having to press "Fn" on the keyboard.

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options

@MrGoonius

Fn key is used mainly on laptops.  You can always go to bios , disable and enable the fn keys on laptops.  Fn key is normally not used on Desktop computers. It is used only on some Desktop models.  

The computer which you have mentioned " Nitro N50-640 " is a desktop computer.  On most of the desktop computers fn key is not used.  You will not see an option on bios to enable and disable the fn key for Desktop computers.

Kindly go through the details from the link 

https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/f/fn.htm

I am sorry to inform you are not using a lapotp and it is desktop. The model is Acer Nitro N50-640

On laptop you can find the fn key on the lower left corner of keyboard . You can hold the fn key and press f1..f2...f3... f12 Each key is assigned for different functions.

Kindly go through the details from the link given below

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-do-i-use-the-fn-key-f-lock-key-alternate-command-keys-fccfaf23-38f0-88a8-9b44-a18f24523b79

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• jchampagne83
    jchampagne83 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I'm having a similar issue to @MrGoonius , although it's primarily JUST the F1 key that is functioning like 'Media Mode', F2+ all seem to register just fine.

No option in the BIOS on my Predator desktop (Orion PO3-640) to adjust function key/action key behavior (I guess because that's normally a laptop thing) but it's bizarre to me that the F1 key behaves this way. I just want it to behave normally.

@William_mk2's reply did not answer the question at all, at least for me.

• papayatek
    papayatek Member Posts: 68 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

esc + Fn to lock and unlock