Acer Predator 300 PH317-53 - Crucial P3 Plus 2 TB PCle 4.0 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD compatible ?

Cuzo
Cuzo Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi thinking of installing a second SSD drive into my gaming laptop and was wondering if the above is compatible to install Windows 11 onto Cheers

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

No, your PH317-53 has an M.2 SSD interface of PCIe Gen.3x4 and the Crucial P3 is a PCIe 4x4 so it will be a waste of money as your laptop will never ever utilize that speed, get a cheaper PCIe Gen.3x4 drive like the WD SN770 Black or the Samsung 970 EVO Plus that will utilize your laptops M.2 bus fully and will work much better with your laptop. I've got the WD SN770 Black fitted to my Nitro 5 AN515-56 as a boot drive and it works great and gives excellent speeds and that are close to the top M.2 drives of PCIe Gen.3x4, don't waste your money unless you intend on putting this M.2 drive later on into a PCIe Gen.4x4 PC.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

No, your PH317-53 has an M.2 SSD interface of PCIe Gen.3x4 and the Crucial P3 is a PCIe 4x4 so it will be a waste of money as your laptop will never ever utilize that speed, get a cheaper PCIe Gen.3x4 drive like the WD SN770 Black or the Samsung 970 EVO Plus that will utilize your laptops M.2 bus fully and will work much better with your laptop. I've got the WD SN770 Black fitted to my Nitro 5 AN515-56 as a boot drive and it works great and gives excellent speeds and that are close to the top M.2 drives of PCIe Gen.3x4, don't waste your money unless you intend on putting this M.2 drive later on into a PCIe Gen.4x4 PC.

• Cuzo
    Cuzo Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Thanks for your excellent and very helpful reply 👍