ssd not detect on boot menu

jajamet
jajamet Member Posts: 2 New User
I used SSD for the first time, today my package came, I tried it and it was detected in Explorer, but when I entered the boot menu there was only the default hard drive installed, I'll take a picture of it later after this post
This is the nvme ssd that I bought : https://shopee.co.id/Teamgroup-SSD-M.2-2280-PCI-e-3.0-x4-with-NVMe-MP33-256GB-i.76511815.5104009630

Answers

• jajamet
    jajamet Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2023

Its picture and idontknow to fix it some can help ?

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,939 Trailblazer
    edited January 2023

😁apa kabar jajamet, I've been to Jakarta allot of times and its a great place Indonesia! Now, this ADATA M.2 drive should work with yourE5-476G laptop. Your E5-476G laptop bios is formatted in GUID (GPT) and the boot drive is never shown in the Boot section of the bios and its shown like you have shown in your caption. Your E5-476G laptop bios the ADATA is recognised as HDD1 in the Information section of the bios, so its should work perfectly

You need to format this ADATA drive in Explorer by right clicking the drive and formatting the drive to NTFS or in Disk Management and do the same as if you do all this the ADATA M.2 drive will be recognized and will work. Also, if you want this drive as a boot drive "Clone" your Operating System onto this drive with the recommended ADATA cloning software and install this ADATA drive into the E5-476G laptop and clone the OS onto this new drive, as its allot quicker than cloning the M.2 drive externally.