Aspire xc-605 - bios update question

Options
Malechai
Malechai Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Legacy Desktops

Hi there, running win10. hoping someone can clarify something for me regarding the files on the bios update page here:

The file dates and version numbering for the top 3 bios updates aren't clear. 2014 higher version than 2016? Which of these 3 is the latest/newest bios?

Date: 2014/11/12

Version: P21.A4

Date: 2016/04/27

Version: P11-B4L

Date: 2015/08/19

Version: P11.B4

Thank you!

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Why do you want to update the BIOS? BIOS updates are not done like a software update, they are done for reason and fixes that the actual BIOS title either fixes or improves your desktop functionality and these last 3 BIOS updates are for different reasons.

1. Modify keep setup data while after flash BIOS - Version: P21.A4
    2. 1.Modify version for Capsule update function. - Version: P11-B4Lwhich is for the UEFI capsule that is the mechanism by which the firmware being updated is transferred from the operating system to the UEFI BIOS. Along with the firmware image and code to perform the update securely, the capsule contains a header used to identify device and content.
    3. BIOS - which the last update for the general BIOS functionality that is Version: P11.B4

• Malechai
    Malechai Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi thanks for your reply. Found the answer in this awesome post here

With that info, latest bios for my machine was P11.B4. Flashed my bios and all is well. Cheers.